|Application ||IHC, IF, FC, IP, E|
|Other Names||B-lymphocyte antigen CD20, B-lymphocyte surface antigen B1, Bp35, Leukocyte surface antigen Leu-16, Membrane-spanning 4-domains subfamily A member 1, CD20, MS4A1, CD20|
|Target/Specificity||Lymphoblastoid cell line Daudi|
|Application Note||ELISA (For coating, order Ab without BSA)|
Flow Cytometry : 0.5-1ug/million cells
Immunofluorescence : 0.5-1.0 µg/ml
Functional Studies : Order Ab without BSA & Azide
Immunoprecipitation : 0.5-1 µg/500ug protein lysate
Immunohistology (Frozen) (0.5-1.0 µg/ml for 30 minutes at RT).
|Format||0.5 ml at 200ug/ml with BSA and azide|
|Storage||Store at 2 to 8°C.Antibody is stable for 24 months.|
|Precautions||CD20 / MS4A1 (B-Cell Marker) Antibody - With BSA and Azide is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Function||This protein may be involved in the regulation of B-cell activation and proliferation.|
|Cellular Location||Cell membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Cell membrane; Lipid-anchor|
|Tissue Location||Expressed on B-cells.|
Thousands of laboratories across the world have published research that depended on the performance of antibodies from Abgent to advance their research. Check out links to articles that cite our products in major peer-reviewed journals, organized by research category.
email@example.com, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
Recognizes a protein of 33-37kDa, identified as CD20 (Workshop V; Code CD20.12). B9E9 recognizes extracellular domain of CD20. The epitope is similar to or identical to that recognized by other CD20 antibodies including Leu-16 and B1. This MAb can be used for immunophenotyping of leukemia and malignant cells, B lymphocyte detection in peripheral blood, B cell localization in tissues and B lymphocyte purification by immunosorbent methods. CD20 is a non-Ig differentiation antigen of B-cells and its expression is restricted to normal and neoplastic B-cells, being absent from all other leukocytes and tissues. CD20 is expressed by pre B-cells and persists during all stages of B-cell maturation but is lost upon terminal differentiation into plasma cells. Protein passes through the membrane 4 times with both ends in cytoplasm and exposes one short and one longer loop to the external environment. CD20 is not glycosylated in resting B cells and its cytoplasmic domains are differentially phosphorylated upon activation. It acts as a calcium channel involved in B-cell activation and cell cycle progression.
1. Schlossman S, et al. (eds). Leukocyte Typing V, Oxford University Press, Oxford, p511-515, 1995.
2. Tedder TF and Schlossman SF. Phosphorylation of the B1 (CD20) molecule by normal and malignant human B lymphocytes. J Biol Chem 1988, 263(20):10009-10015.
3. Bubien JK et al. Transfection of the CD20 cell surface molecule into ectopic cell types generates a Ca2+ conductance found constitutively in B lymphocytes. J Cell Biol 1993, 121(5):1121-1132.
4. Tedder TF and Engel P. CD20: a regulator of cell-cycle progression of B lymphocytes. Immunol Today 1994, 15(9):450-454.
5. Kanzaki M et al. Expression of calcium-permeable cation channel CD20 accelerates progression through the G1 phase in Balb/c 3T3 cells. J Biol Chem 1995, 270(22):13099-13104.
If you have used an Abgent product and would like to share how it has performed, please click on the "Submit Review" button and provide the requested information. Our staff will examine and post your review and contact you if needed.
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at firstname.lastname@example.org.