CD11a / Integrin alphaL / LFA-1 alpha Chain Antibody - With BSA and Azide
Purified Mouse Monoclonal Antibody
|Application ||IHC, IF, FC, IP, E|
|Other Names||Integrin alpha-L, CD11 antigen-like family member A, Leukocyte adhesion glycoprotein LFA-1 alpha chain, LFA-1A, Leukocyte function-associated molecule 1 alpha chain, CD11a, ITGAL, CD11A|
|Target/Specificity||Stimulated human leukocytes|
|Application Note||ELISA (For coating, order Ab without BSA)|
Flow Cytometry : 0.5-1ug/million cells
Immunofluorescence : 0.5-1.0 µg/ml
Functional Studies : Order Ab without BSA & Azide
Immunoprecipitation : 0.5-1 µg/500ug protein lysate
Immunohistology (Frozen) (0.5-1.0 µg/ml for 30 minutes at RT).
|Format||0.5 ml at 200ug/ml with BSA and azide|
|Storage||Store at 2 to 8°C.Antibody is stable for 24 months.|
|Precautions||CD11a / Integrin alphaL / LFA-1 alpha Chain Antibody - With BSA and Azide is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Function||Integrin alpha-L/beta-2 is a receptor for ICAM1, ICAM2, ICAM3 and ICAM4. Integrin alpha-L/beta-2 is also a receptor for F11R (PubMed:11812992, PubMed:15528364). Involved in a variety of immune phenomena including leukocyte-endothelial cell interaction, cytotoxic T-cell mediated killing, and antibody dependent killing by granulocytes and monocytes. Contributes to natural killer cell cytotoxicity (PubMed:15356110). Involved in leukocyte adhesion and transmigration of leukocytes including T-cells and neutrophils (PubMed:11812992). Required for generation of common lymphoid progenitor cells in bone marrow, indicating a role in lymphopoiesis (By similarity). Integrin alpha-L/beta-2 in association with ICAM3, contributes to apoptotic neutrophil phagocytosis by macrophages (PubMed:23775590).|
|Cellular Location||Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein|
Thousands of laboratories across the world have published research that depended on the performance of antibodies from Abgent to advance their research. Check out links to articles that cite our products in major peer-reviewed journals, organized by research category.
email@example.com, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
Recognizes a protein of 180kDa, identified as CD11a (Leucocyte Workshop II; Code N202). CD11a complex with the 2 subunit of the integrin family, CD18, to form the cell surface heterodimer, LFA-1 or CD11a /C18 (aLbL). LFA-1 is expressed on all leukocytes including lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes. It is involved in leukocyte adhesion to its ligands including intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1 or CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50) and Telencephalin (TLN) and play a role in most immune/inflammatory responses.
1. Reinherz EL et al. eds. Leukocyte Typing II, Oxford University Press, Oxford , 1985
2. Knapp W. et al. Leukocyte Typing IV, Oxford Unioversity Press, Oxford, 1989.
3. Petruzzelli L et al. Activation of lymphocyte function-associated molecule-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18) mimicked by an antibody directed against CD18. J Immunol 1995, 155(2):854-866.
4. Edwards CP et al. Mapping the intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and -2 binding site on the inserted domain of leukocyte function-associated antigen-1.J Biol Chem 1998, 273(44):28937-44.
5. Shang XZ and Issekutz AC. Contribution of CD11a/CD18, CD11b/CD18, ICAM-1 (CD54) and -2 (CD102) to human monocyte migration through endothelium and connective tissue fibroblast barriers. Eur J Immunol 1998, 28(6):1970-1979
6. Tian L et al. The neuronal glycoprotein telencephalin is a cellular ligand for the CD11a/CD18 leukocyte integrin. J Immunol 1997, 158(2):928-936.
If you have used an Abgent product and would like to share how it has performed, please click on the "Submit Review" button and provide the requested information. Our staff will examine and post your review and contact you if needed.
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at firstname.lastname@example.org.