|Application ||WB, IHC|
|Calculated MW||53365 Da|
|Other Names||M-phase inducer phosphatase 3, Dual specificity phosphatase Cdc25C, CDC25C|
|Target/Specificity||A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near N-terminus of human Cdc25C was used as immunogen. The antibody can also detect splice isoform 2, 4 and 5 of human Cdc25C, based on sequence homology.|
|Format||50 mM Tris-Glycine (pH 7.4), 0.15 M NaCl, 40% Glycerol, 0.01% sodium azide and 0.05% BSA.|
|Storage||Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.|
|Precautions||Cdc25C Antibody is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Function||Functions as a dosage-dependent inducer in mitotic control. Tyrosine protein phosphatase required for progression of the cell cycle. When phosphorylated, highly effective in activating G2 cells into prophase. Directly dephosphorylates CDK1 and activates its kinase activity.|
Thousands of laboratories across the world have published research that depended on the performance of antibodies from Abgent to advance their research. Check out links to articles that cite our products in major peer-reviewed journals, organized by research category.
email@example.com, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
Cdc25C is a tyrosine protein phosphatase required for progression of the cell cycle. Cdc25C activates cell cycle-specific cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs), including cdc2, via dephosphorylation events (1,2). Cdc25C is activated via phosphorylation at Ser216 (3). In response to DNA damage and DNA replicational stress, Chk1 and Chk2 phosphorylate Cdc25C to prevent entry into mitosis (4,5).
1. Sadhu, K., et al. Human homolog of fission yeast cdc25 mitotic inducer is predominantly expressed in G2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 87: 5139
2. Jessus, C. and R. Ozon. Function and regulation of cdc25 protein phosphate through mitosis and meiosis. Prog. Cell Cycle Res. 1: 215
3. Peng, C.Y., et al. Mitotic and G2 checkpoint control: regulation of 14-3-3 protein binding by phosphorylation of Cdc25C on serine-216. Science 277: 1501
4. Blasina, A., et al. A human homologue of the checkpoint kinase Cds1 directly inhibits Cdc25 phosphatase. Curr Biol. 9: 1
5. Matsuoka, S., et al. Linkage of ATM to cell cycle regulation by the Chk2 protein kinase. Science 282: 1893
If you have used an Abgent product and would like to share how it has performed, please click on the "Submit Review" button and provide the requested information. Our staff will examine and post your review and contact you if needed.
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at firstname.lastname@example.org.