|Calculated MW||148098 Da|
|Other Names||Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-3, Proto-oncogene-like protein c-ErbB-3, Tyrosine kinase-type cell surface receptor HER3, ERBB3, HER3|
|Target/Specificity||A synthetic peptide corresponding to C-terminal residues of human c-erbB3 was used as immunogen.|
|Format||50 mM Tris-Glycine (pH 7.4), 0.15 M NaCl, 40% Glycerol, 0.01% sodium azide and 0.05% BSA.|
|Storage||Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.|
|Precautions||HER3 (ErbB3) Antibody (C-term) is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Function||Binds and is activated by neuregulins and NTAK. May also be activated by CSPG5.|
|Cellular Location||Isoform 1: Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein|
|Tissue Location||Epithelial tissues and brain.|
Thousands of laboratories across the world have published research that depended on the performance of antibodies from Abgent to advance their research. Check out links to articles that cite our products in major peer-reviewed journals, organized by research category.
firstname.lastname@example.org, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
HER3 / ErbB3 is a member of the ErbB/EGF receptor protein tyrosine kinase family (1,2). Tyrosine phosphorylation of ErbB3 depends on its association with other ErbB tyrosine kinases (3). Phosphorylation sites in the carboxy-terminal tail mediate downstream signaling pathways. While ErbB3 is highly expressed in many cancer cells (4), ErbB3 may work together with other Erb members in tumorogenesis and proliferation (5).
1. Katoh, M., et al. c-erbB3 gene encodes secreted as well as transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 192: 1189
2. Kraus, M.H., et al. Isolation and characterization of ERBB3, a third member of the ERBB/epidermal growth factor receptor family: evidence for overexpression in a subset of human mammary tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 86: 9193
3. Guy, P.M., et al. Insect cell-expressed p180erbB3 possesses an impaired tyrosine kinase activity. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91: 8132
4. Sithanandam, G., et al. Cell cycle activation in lung adenocarcinoma cells by the ErbB3/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway. Carcinogenesis 24: 1581
5. Alimandi, M., et al. Cooperative signaling of ErbB3 and ErbB2 in neoplastic transformation and human mammary carcinomas. Oncogene 10: 1813
If you have used an Abgent product and would like to share how it has performed, please click on the "Submit Review" button and provide the requested information. Our staff will examine and post your review and contact you if needed.
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at email@example.com.