|Application ||WB, IHC, IF|
|Calculated MW||44424 Da|
|Other Names||Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2, MAP kinase kinase 2, MAPKK 2, ERK activator kinase 2, MAPK/ERK kinase 2, MEK 2, MAP2K2, MEK2, MKK2, PRKMK2|
|Target/Specificity||A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in N-terminus of human MEK2 was used as immunogen. The antibody does not cross-react with other MAP kinase kinase family members.|
|Format||50 mM Tris-Glycine (pH 7.4), 0.15 M NaCl, 40% Glycerol, 0.01% sodium azide and 0.05% BSA.|
|Storage||Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.|
|Precautions||MEK2 Antibody (N-term) is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Synonyms||MEK2, MKK2, PRKMK2|
|Function||Catalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases (By similarity).|
Thousands of laboratories across the world have published research that depended on the performance of antibodies from Abgent to advance their research. Check out links to articles that cite our products in major peer-reviewed journals, organized by research category.
firstname.lastname@example.org, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
MEK1 and MEK2 (MAPK kinase 1/2, or ERK kinase 1/2) are mitogen-activated protein kinases that stimulate MAP kinase activity, playing a role in both cell growth and differentiation (1,2). MEK itself is activated via phosphorylation at serines 217/218 and 221/222 by upstream activator kinases, including c-raf, mos and MEK kinase (3,4). MEK1 and MEK2 are activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines, and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (5).
1. Crews, C. M., et al. The primary structure of MEK, a protein kinase that phosphorylates the ERK gene product. Science 258: 478
2. Zheng, C.F., and K.L. Guan. Cloning and characterization of two distinct human extracellular signal-regulated kinase activator kinases, MEK1 and MEK2. J Biol Chem. 268: 11435
3. Zheng, C.F., and K.L. Guan. Activation of MEK family kinases requires phosphorylation of two conserved Ser/Thr residues. EMBO J. 13: 1123
4. Alessi, D.R., et al. Identification of the sites in MAP kinase kinase-1 phosphorylated by p74raf-1. EMBO J. 13: 1610
5. Rosen, L.B., et al. Membrane depolarization and calcium influx stimulate MEK and MAP kinase via activation of Ras. Neuron 12: 1207
If you have used an Abgent product and would like to share how it has performed, please click on the "Submit Review" button and provide the requested information. Our staff will examine and post your review and contact you if needed.
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at email@example.com.