|Application ||WB, IHC, IF|
|Calculated MW||70898 Da|
|Other Names||Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 3, MAPK/ERK kinase kinase 3, MEK kinase 3, MEKK 3, MAP3K3, MAPKKK3, MEKK3|
|Target/Specificity||A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the C-term of human MEKK3 was used as immunogen.|
|Format||50 mM Tris-Glycine (pH 7.4), 0.15 M NaCl, 40% Glycerol, 0.01% sodium azide and 0.05% BSA.|
|Storage||Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.|
|Precautions||MEKK3 Antibody (C-term) is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Function||Component of a protein kinase signal transduction cascade. Mediates activation of the NF-kappa-B, AP1 and DDIT3 transcriptional regulators.|
firstname.lastname@example.org, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
MEKK3 is a Ser/Thr protein kinase belonging to the MAP/ERK kinase kinase family (1). Closely related to MEKK2, MEKK3 is expressed in a multitude of tissues. MEKK3 directly regulates SAPKs and ERKs pathway via SEK and MEK1, respectively but not the p38 pathway (2) and is also involved in the NF-kB pathway (3). MEKK3 as well as MEKK2 bind, phosphorylate and activate MEK5 through their PB1 domain (4). hKSR-2 (human kinase suppressor of ras-2) has been shown to regulate the activity of MEKK3 (5).
1. Blank, J. L., P. Gerwins, E. M. Elliott, S. Sather, and G. L. Johnson. 1996.; J. Biol. Chem. 271:5361-5368.
2. Zhang et al.: J. Biol. Chem. 272: 2668-2674, 1997.
3. Zhao, Q., and Lee, F. S. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 8355
4. Wilson, M. I., Gill, D. J., Perisic, O., Quinn, M. T., and Williams, R. L. (2003) Mol. Cell 12, 39
5. P.L. Channavajhala, L. Wu, J.W. Cuozzo, J.P. Hall, W. Liu, L.L. Lin, Y. Zhang, J. Biol. Chem. 278 (2003) 47089-47097
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at email@example.com.