|Calculated MW||23718 Da|
|Other Names||Interleukin-6, IL-6, B-cell stimulatory factor 2, BSF-2, CTL differentiation factor, CDF, Hybridoma growth factor, Interferon beta-2, IFN-beta-2, IL6, IFNB2|
|Target/Specificity||A recombinant human IL-6 protein was used as immunogen.|
|Format||50 mM Tris-Glycine (pH 7.4), 0.15 M NaCl, 40% Glycerol, 0.01% sodium azide and 0.05% BSA.|
|Storage||Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.|
|Precautions||IL-6 Antibody is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.|
|Function||Cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig- secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoietic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Required for the generation of T(H)17 cells. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation.|
Thousands of laboratories across the world have published research that depended on the performance of antibodies from Abgent to advance their research. Check out links to articles that cite our products in major peer-reviewed journals, organized by research category.
email@example.com, and receive a free "I Love Antibodies" mug.
Provided below are standard protocols that you may find useful for product applications.
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multifunctional cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. IL-6 is implicated in the final differentiation of B-cells into immunoglobulin-secreting cells (1), myeloma and plasmacytoma growth (2), nerve cell differentiation, and activation of hepatocytes and mitogen-stimulated helper T cells (3). Upon activation, IL-6 induces at least three major signaling pathways: JAK/STAT, PI-3 kinase and MAPK (4,5).
1. Hirano, T., et al. Complementary DNA for a novel human interleukin (BSF-2) that induces B lymphocytes to produce immunoglobulin. Nature 324: 73
2. Brakenhoff, J.P., et al. Molecular cloning and expression of hybridoma growth factor in Escherichia coli. J Immunol. 139: 4116
3. Wong, G.G., et al. Interleukin 6: identification as a hematopoietic colony-stimulating factor. Behring Inst Mitt. 83: 40
4. Taniguchi, T. Cytokine signaling through nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinases. Science 268: 251
5. Boulton, T.G., et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor/leukemia inhibitory factor/interleukin 6/oncostatin M family of cytokines induces tyrosine phosphorylation of a common set of proteins overlapping those induced by other cytokines and growth factors. J. Bi
If you have used an Abgent product and would like to share how it has performed, please click on the "Submit Review" button and provide the requested information. Our staff will examine and post your review and contact you if needed.
If you have any additional inquiries please email technical services at firstname.lastname@example.org.